Use this recipe to make restaurant-quality Steamed Pork with Salted Egg.
The juicy pork patty with the intense flavor from the salted eggs makes this dish the perfect companion to a bowl of rice.
Ready in 30 minutes, this dish is one of my favorite dinner options for busy weeknights.
What is Steamed Pork With Salted Egg?
Steamed pork (蒸肉餅) is a popular dish in Hong Kong.
Every household knows how to make some variation of steamed pork because it’s such a versatile recipe.
Once you master the basic recipe, the possibilities become endless.
You can play around with the mix-ins to suit your palate.
You can create other variations using preserved vegetables, shiitake mushrooms, or squid.
Frequently Asked Questions About Steamed Pork With Salted Egg
What can I serve this dish with?
Can I prepare this in advance?
Yes, you can prepare everything in advance and then steam the dish just before serving.
Can this dish be frozen?
Yes. This can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Steamed Pork And Salted Eggs
- 450 Grams Coarse Minced Pork
- 2 Salted Duck Eggs Discard 1 Duck Egg White
- 1 Green Onion Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 Tsp White Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Beaten Egg
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Season the pork, then place it into a deep dish and shape it to a 3/4 inch thick patty.
- Separate the duck eggs and discard 1 duck egg white.
- Mix the duck egg white into the pork thoroughly, and then add the oil and combine.
- Rinse the duck egg yolks with tap water, and place them onto the meat.
- Place the dish into a steamer and steam on high heat for 18 minutes.
- Combine the sauce and heat it in the microwave oven to dissolve the sugar.
- When the pork is cooked, discard the excess water from the dish leaving about 1tbsp.
- Sprinkle the green onions on top, and drizzle the sauce onto the pork and serve.