Make perfectly juicy and tender baked chicken breast every single time with this easy recipe.
All you need is chicken breasts, a little bit of oil, and some seasonings to make the best oven-baked chicken breast ever!
It only takes 20 minutes to bake and you will end up with the most succulent chicken guaranteed.
Baked Chicken Breast Ingredients
Baked chicken breast is a simple recipe that only uses a handful of ingredients.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts: Try to use chicken breasts that are around the same size so they cook at the same time.
- Olive oil: The oil keeps the chicken breasts moist and they also help the seasonings stick to the surface.
- Seasonings: The seasoning mix consists of dried oregano, garlic powder, paprika (not smoked paprika), salt and black pepper.
What Temperature Do You Bake Chicken Breast On?
You should bake chicken breasts at 425°F.
Don’t let this high temperature scare you. Baking chicken breasts at a high heat allows the chicken to cook quickly without drying out.
How Long Should You Bake Chicken Breasts At 425°F?
You should bake chicken breasts at 425°F for 20 to 22 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
For smaller chicken breasts (7 oz), bake them at 425°F for 20 minutes.
For larger chicken breasts (9 oz), bake them at 425°F for 22 minutes.
What To Serve With Baked Chicken Breasts
Some great side dishes to serve with chicken breasts are:
- Pasta salad
- Roasted Potatoes
- Caesar Salad
How To Store Baked Chicken Breasts
You can store baked chicken breasts in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can also store the baked chicken breasts in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat, simply bring it to room temperature and then microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions About Baked Chicken Breasts
At What Temperature Is A Chicken Breast Cooked Through?
A chicken breast is fully cooked through at 165°F.
The best way to check if a chicken breast is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.
But if you follow this recipe, chances are you won’t need to check using a meat thermometer because the chicken breasts will turn out every time.
How Long Do You Cook Chicken Breast In The Oven?
The amount of time the chicken breast needs to cook in the oven depends on the temperature of the oven and the size of the chicken breasts.
I recommend baking chicken breasts at 425°F for 20 to 22 minutes.
Baking chicken breasts at a higher heat allows the chicken to cook quickly without drying out.
Should You Bake Chicken Covered Or Uncovered?
You should bake chicken uncovered.
Baking chicken uncovered allows the chicken to brown a little which makes it looks more appetizing.
Baking chicken covered will prevent the chicken from browning which makes it look pale and sad.
Baked Chicken Breast
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Pat dry chicken breasts. Place them on a baking dish or baking sheet.
- Lightly coat chicken breasts with vegetable oil on both sides.
- Add seasonings to coat both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Put the baking dish into the preheated oven and bake for 20-22 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- Allow the chicken rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute within the meat before serving.