Craving Chinese food but want a lighter meal at the same time? Try this Chicken Stir-Fry With Celery and Cashews.
This dish can be a meal on its own because it has the perfect balance of protein and veggies.
The succulent and tender chicken plays well with the crunchy celery.
A handful of toasted cashews add rich nuttiness and add that oomph which you’ll love.
Chicken Stir-Fry With Celery and Cashews
Chicken stir-fry with celery and cashews is a popular dish in both households and restaurants in Hong Kong.
Most of the locals in Hong Kong prefer light and healthy meal options, so this dish definitely fits the bill.
This stir-fry only requires a few basic ingredients.
And the best part is it can be thrown together in minutes, which makes it the perfect dinner to make for busy weeknights.
Frequently Asked Questions For Chicken Stir-Fry With Celery and Cashews
What can I serve this dish with?
Can I prepare this in advance?
No. This dish tastes the best fresh off the stove.
Can this dish be frozen?
No. Veggies like celery do not freeze well.
Chicken Stir-Fry With Celery and Cashews Recipe
- 1 Head Of Celery
- 350 Grams Chicken Tenders
- 1/3 Cup Unsalted Cashew Nuts
- 3 Ginger Slices
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/3 Reserved liquid from cooked celery.
Marinade For Chicken
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/4 Tsp White Pepper
- Cut the chicken tenders into 1-inch chunks.
- Season chicken with marinade, and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Wash the celery stalks; remove and discard the foliage; dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Cut the celery stalks on a bias at 45 degrees into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil to medium hot, add ginger slices, and saute till fragrant.
- Add celery and saute for 1 minute, then add sugar and salt and saute for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer celery onto a plate, save the liquid, and set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 oil to a clean pan and heat to medium-high.
- Add chicken, gently loosen meat evenly in pan and leave to cook for 1 minute, turn chicken over, add garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce, the reserved liquid from cooking the celery, and 1/4 cup water, stir well.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked celery, mix well.
- Turn off the heat then add the cashew nuts.