Do you know any broccoli haters in your life? Help them see the light by making them try this broccoli with oyster sauce.
This recipe will turn broccoli haters into broccoli lovers—guaranteed.
What is Broccoli With Oyster Sauce?
Broccoli is one of those polarizing vegetables that people either love or hate. There is no in-between with this cruciferous vegetable.
And I totally get it. I mean, what can be worse than eating mushy and tasteless broccoli?
That’s why I created this broccoli with oyster sauce recipe.
The oyster sauce adds a much-needed blast of flavor into the otherwise bland broccoli.
And combined with a quick cooking time, you’ll end up with perfectly crunchy broccoli that’s tasty and good for you (I know—what a concept!).
Tips For Broccoli With Oyster Sauce
- Wash Your Broccoli: Soaking vegetables with large flowering heads, such as broccoli and cauliflower, in lightly salted water is a good way to clean them. Trust me, you do want any bugs or critters in your dish.
- Don’t Waste The Stem: When cutting the broccoli, the florets should include part of the stem as well as the flowery part. The stems are edible, they are crunchy and tasty. After cutting the florets, remove the outer fibrous layer of the stem with a vegetable peeler, then slice it thinly at a 45-degree angle, and cook with the florets.
- Adjust The Cooking Time: If softer crunch broccoli is preferred, add another tablespoon of water, cover, and cook for a minute a second time before adding the sauce.
Broccoli With Oyster Sauce
- 3 Medium Broccoli Crowns Cut Into Medium Florets.
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Finely Diced
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1/3 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp Water
For Soaking The Broccoli
- 6 Cups Water
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Soak broccoli florets in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely dice the ginger.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients.
- Drain the broccoli, rinsing them a few times, drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a wok to medium heat.
- Add ginger and stir fry until fragrant.
- Turn heat to high, add broccoli and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add water, stir, cover, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add salt and continue stir-frying for 1 minute.
- Add sauce in 3 stages, stir well in between.